Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random Things for Your Enjoyment.

          So today was pretty swell for no specific reason in particular. God just set the wind at my back.  Incidentally, the wind was howling today, but I was inside most of the time, nice and cozy.  Started the day out with my pastor from Covenant of Grace Church, having breakfast, catching up, and talking a little bit about the gospel of Christ and presenting it to myself as well as those I come in contact with.  I had my usual for breakfast--a nice itty bitty burrito with green chile and....bacon.  Yes, that's good fixin's right there.  With all of that accomplished, I drove into town and got to school with ample time to get settled down, find a nice parking spot, and get my gear together.  By "gear" I mean schoolbooks.  Math class was first, with a homework return and a midterm test!  It felt pretty good and it all seemed to go smoothly.   I got out of that early so I went down to Boba Tea Company to get a nice, cheap drink and pass time until the next class period. 
         
          One of the things I've been noticing about life lately is how thankful I am for cheerful people, and especially for my friends.  All my friends are good ones, and all my better friends are the BEST!  Anyway, seeing different friends comes and goes with the school schedule and all, but I am getting to see more of   three good friends lately, and they are all a huge encouragement to me. 
          Another cool thing I've been paying attention to is servers, waiters, and waitresses.  Mostly I've been paying more attention to the fast food chain, as more of a person's character comes out there, I think.  Anyway, there is a girl who works at one of the locations, who I usually order from.  She recognizes me when I come in, and we usually chat abit.  Well, I kid you not--it is strange--she makes drinks that taste better than most of the other employees around any of the locations.  I don't know if it's because she has been working there longer, or if she just has some special touch and talent for it, but that's how it is.  Little things like that.  Another cool thing about her is that she is always so cheerful!  Even when I can tell she is tired and wants to get off of work, she still has a big smile on!   Earlier today was that way, and I've just gotten curious.  People who aren't saved by Christ aren't usually that joyful.  there's got to be something more going on, than just a girl who's happy, and I'm pretty sure she is a lover of Christ.  I think I'll ask her about that next time I see her.  
         
          Came back for the EMS lecture of the day: gynecology.  Teacher said "Today is pretty much just a seventh grade anatomy and physiology lecture."  The guys were like-- do we *really* have to go over this?  The girls were like: "I knew this years ago."  It was all pretty uneventful.  At the end of the lecture we had a
G-RAT, or group readiness assessment test.  That went very well, and at the end of the time, my group got an end grade of 91.5%.  Pretty good for covering 9 chapters, I'd say.  During lunch I ran into one of those best better friends I was talking about, and we talked for a while about random life things, future job plans, and awkward situations, among other things.  I tell you what, enjoy the little things!  On the days you don't have them, I guarantee you will appreciate them for how amazing and how much of a blessing they are!   
Afterwards in lab, we had a substitute teacher who did a great job going over different medical scenarios with all of the students.  All that leads up to where I am right now, glued to this computer monitor, typing away.   

I want to go shooting!  Haha, yes indeed, my trigger finger developed an itch.  Suppose I'll get a cardboard box and tape on a Shoot NC target and head out to a nice remote location and relax for a little.  It is nice to get a hike in from time to time just to enjoy God's creation.  I am confused when people say they can't stand a place, but never take the time to see the beauty in things. *shrugs* That's okay, there won't be so many people tramping all over my firing line getting in my way.  
NOTICE: aforementioned comment was in complete jest, and I in no way, shape, or form intend to shoot at anyone in my way or on my firing line.  *wink*
       
  I know there aren't many overthought thoughts today, but I suppose I just felt like typing up what's up with me.  So, that's pretty much it for now.  Perhaps next time I'll post a little bit about love and what I think about that. 

Signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment